Saturday, July 25, 2009

sandwich packers unite

My newest step in waste reduction is declaring myself Zip Lock free. I understand that can be a hard goal, so I thought I would focus this blog post on the lunch factor.

That's right. All you lunch-packing sandwich-eaters, I'm talking to you. If you pack 100 sandwiches a year, that is 100 non-biodegradable plastic baggies somewhere around the earth (not to mention, those baggies are not free...).

My solution? Let's go eco- and recession-friendly on lunch. You can make a one-time purchase of a reusable sandwich container for just a couple of bucks. Just check out your local grocery store. I'm sure Target has it as well.

Check out the one I just bought from Hello Kitty for $4.99

2 comments:

Stephen said...

where can I get one?

Vanessa said...

Check out your local grocery store or Target.

I also found this super cute dyno one online: http://www.alwaysbrilliant.com/aa/aspx-products/1-7839/2-60096/3-1/bb/Translucent%20sandwich%20container%20with%20dinosaur,Dyno%20Sandwich%20Box.htm