Thursday, January 25, 2007

Athiests have better chance of getting into Heaven

If I believed in Heaven, and if I were the arbiter of who could enter,

I would go for the person who behaved "ethically" because that person chose to, over the person who did it out of need, fear, to show praise, or for eternal bliss.

(Note: this is not to say that all atheists are upstanding citizens...or that all those with particular religious inclinations only act out of indoctrination)

I like the idea of actions in a vacuum...(although that can never exist...because culture/socialization will pick up whatever religion couldn't get...but at least in that instance, eternal punishment is out of the equation)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always thought of God and religion as a form of tyranny. A superior being creating good and bad and then telling you to do good...should He (or She ;) ) be praised for "teaching" you to avoid the bad, when he created the bad to begin with. It's a little off topic but I think it follows the same logic. What do you think?