Thursday, September 4, 2008

I am a Constitution Voter

Love this from the ACLU. Sign the petition and get an "I am a Constitution Voter" bumper sticker.

I Am a Constitution Voter

  • I believe that no one -- including the President -- is above the law.
  • I oppose all forms of torture, and I support both closing the Guantánamo Bay prison and ending indefinite detention.
  • I oppose warrantless spying.
  • I believe that government officials, no matter how high-ranking, should be held accountable for breaking the law and violating the Constitution.
  • I believe that the Constitution protects every person's rights equally -- no matter what they believe, how they live, where or if they worship, and whom they love.
  • I reject the notion that we have to tolerate violations of our most fundamental rights in the name of fighting terrorism.
  • I am deeply committed to the Constitution and expect our country's leaders to share and act on that commitment -- every day, without fail.

No comments: