Sunday, November 9, 2008

the D-O-E is D-U-M-B

Despite the fact that Yucca Mountain is over 20 years late in its completion (at the earliest), and despite the geological limits of the site due to fault lines and volcanic activity, the Department of Energy wants to expand Yucca Mountain as a repository for nuclear waste.

Not to mention the government told utility companies it would begin dumping their waste in 1998, and began collecting from them of one-tenth of a cent per kilowatt-hour generated at their reactors. Alas, it is 2008 and the repository is not ready, leaving the United States with a tab of 11 billion dollars or more in commercial damages.

At least our President-elect thinks this is sketchy. I just hope the alternative solution is not found at the bottom of Alaska.

1 comment:

Gregornot said...

Excellent article, I would like find out how to re-post with permission

this article. I have a readership of 3,000 to 1,000 folks per day lately


PS: I re-posted this interesting post on my blog with proper accreditation and the URL of the

original post,PLEASE let me know if this creates a problem and I will deal with it as you see

fit. I am trying to get the message to as many folks as possible.

Thanks,

gregor,
http://gregornot.wordpress.com/
gregornot AT gmail DOT com