Friday, November 21, 2008

Sarah Palin and dead turkeys

As for this whole Sarah Palin interview in front of slaughtered turkeys, I am a bit confused. To start with, I don't know what this woman does in her free time that she is chilling on a dead turkey farm. But what confuses me is how this clip has been received culturally.

I just want to know why the anchor feels the need to give an ominous preface to the coverage, or why the turkey guts were blurred. For vegans and vegetarians, I would understand--but to the omnivorous world, I am just baffled. Why should people who have no qualms eating dead animals be squeamish about the slaughter process? If animals are meant to die and be eaten, should you all be at peace with it? You know what you are eating is a turkey, why can't you acknowledge how it has to die for your palette? And if you can't, maybe you should reconsider why you are eating turkeys.

Why are the omnivores phobic of watching their dinner die?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is worse. The ignorance of the interviewer and Palin not knowing what her background is or the travesty of the slaughtering process. What in the world is wrong with this goony woman