Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm on a low-carbon diet

I cannot stress enough how every conversation I have about my veganism turns into a conversation about weight. It seems that there are two alternatives: I either must have lost a tremendous amount of weight from living off of vegetables, or I must have ballooned up because the only thing I can eat out is pasta. Skinny Bitch has only exacerbated the issue.

Emphasis on weight and counting and measuring everything humanly possible bothers me. I prefer to avoid self-destruction and self-deprecation and think about my health, the planet, and animals. That's why I am just so giddy over a fun new phrase I found in the Summer Issue of VegNews.

The Low-Carbon Diet

That's right. 16 pounds of resources to produce 1 pound of dead, tortured cow? I prefer low-carbon to low-carbs any day. Chomp on that.

No comments: