Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ode to Dylan

I thought I would spend a moment thinking about my love--no, my obsession--with my little brother, Dylan. I don't really understand how our relationship progressed to such an extent where I find every aspect of him so spectacular that I am just beside myself with supreme delight over this kid. Maybe I am just bewildered by the brilliance, wit, and perceptions of a nine-year-old wonder child. It has come to the point where I actually prefer spending time with Dylan over most of my peers. In fact, I think Dylan has better insight than most people my age. Not to mention, this kid is fantastic--we have so much fun together. I find myself ransacking his homework just to see what he has to say, positively filled with glee at the composition of his thoughts, enchanted by his logic and complexity, and insanely in love with how fun he is to pester and play with. I can't think of many other people whose loose, bloody teeth I enjoy wiggling out.

No comments: