Friday, December 14, 2007

whoa--just as I was planning to write on my views regarding the death penalty...

New Jersey will become the first state in the modern era of capital punishment to repeal the death penalty.
Nice move, New Jersey. While I am of the opinion that some people just need to be executed for stability and/or progress, I do not believe that the government should have the right to decide who lives and who dies (with inevitable warfare in the name of defense a separate matter). I guess you can say that my belief that some people are just too counter-productive to live is more theoretical and/or philosophical, because when it comes down to reality and implementation, I do not trust the federal or state government to regulate execution, nor do I wish to give either that power.

(Oy vey...I feel like some anti-choicer is going to parallel this to abortion, although the two are apples and oranges. I will address this in another post when I have some more time)

Plus, execution is not even economically feasible, given the appeals process...

No comments: