Friday, December 12, 2008

NOW's Feminist Action Agenda

Despite some philosophical disagreements, I still have much love for the National Organization for Women (NOW). Although I have to say, pretty flippin' weak strategy on NOW's Feminist Action Agenda.

Are you kidding me? Not only is this list waaaaaaay too long, it covers so many controversial topics in such detail that coalition building is really not looking so hot. And I won't lie--I didn't even have it in me to sit and read through the thing to pick out how much of it I don't like.

What ever happened to the good old 10 point plan? Let's get as many people on board as possible--not alienate everyone except a limited die-hard core.

Come on NOW. The point is to be effective--not just to act on singularly determined principle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.