Monday, January 7, 2008

some fortune teller

Some fortune teller stopped me on the street today, as I was pacing back and forth and staring at the ground. I have a hard time actually comprehending words when people talk to me, but I think he told me at some point that he is a yogi. Which confuses me, because I thought yogis were masters of yoga. Whatever. Incidentally, he reads palms.

But this is not how he disrupted my mid-day rumination.

It happened something like this:

Him: You know, you are very lucky. God has (no idea what the fuck he said here, but he pointed to his forehead).
Me: Oh? Why is that?
Him: You are very beautiful. You could be actor. But you think too much, so you have bad habits.

This is when I wanted to drop-kick the guy--I am lucky because I am beautiful? My redeeming quality is something I have absolutely zero say in, and something that says nothing about myself as a person? And of course, I could only think of my recent blog post....being pretty--blessing or curse?

And instead of exploding on the palm-reading defrauder, I let him ramble. Perhaps because it would be too difficult to explain why his words hurt me, anger me, and severely disenfranchise my ability to be viewed as a productive and well-achieved person...and perhaps also because I was bored and curious.

So I let him finish his banter. And the most hilarious part is even though I know the whole thing is horse-crap, I actually gave a moment of thought to what he said. Ha.

My career and life are changing. Three great things will happen to me in March. Someone who loves me is a liar. Someone else who loves me loves love too much. One of them is old, and one of them is younger. More on my bad habits and over-thinking.

So glad I believe in chaos and meaninglessness.

No comments: